Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
I don't want to get it home only to find out they are incompatible. I notice there seem to be some problems with HDMI, but I can't see a pattern

gmanterry

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It sure will

I have a Sony 60 inch XBR TV and it plays movies and connects to the web daily through my Mac Mini with an HDMI cable. I love this combination and have been using it for two years. I just updated the Mini to Lion last week and it works great. I control my Mini through ARD with my MBP 15. I have 5 TB connected to the Mini through the USB and FW ports.

Terry

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
There is no way to answer that unless someone has exactly the same model as you. Even within a model series there can be different experiences. I have a Sony Bravia Full HD LCD and took a chance with both my 2009 Mini with Snow Leopard ( connecting by DVI to HDMI ) and my new 2011 Mini with Lion ( connecting directly via HDMI ). Both of them have worked fine and connect at 1080p.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
I have a Sony 60 inch XBR TV and it plays movies and connects to the web daily through my Mac Mini with an HDMI cable. I love this combination and have been using it for two years. I just updated the Mini to Lion last week and it works great. I control my Mini through ARD with my MBP 15. I have 5 TB connected to the Mini through the USB and FW ports.

Terry

Sorry to be thick, but what's ARD and TB? Thanks for your reply, I'm fired up about getting to stream my college baseball games on my TV!

gmanterry

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry.

Sorry to be thick, but what's ARD and TB? Thanks for your reply, I'm fired up about getting to stream my college baseball games on my TV!

ARD is Apple Remote Desktop. It allows an Apple computer to control other apple computers remotely. TB is Terabytes. External hard drives.

Terry

class77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
ARD is Apple Remote Desktop. It allows an Apple computer to control other apple computers remotely. TB is Terabytes. External hard drives.

Terry

Yes, of course. Don't know where my brain goes sometimes:D

Thanks again

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
I have two minis (2010 HDMI) with two Sony TVs.

The W series and the Z series. The W did sometimes play up. Under Lion however I have not had any problems. The Z has been fine.

I hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.