Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T3hPreacher

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Hi all,

So I'm running into a problem in the new iCal. Previously, in Snow Leopard, if I had a calendar selected in the sidebar and created a new event in the calendar by clicking and dragging on it, the event would automatically create as part of that calendar. Now, in Lion, it automatically uses my "home" calendar every time. So if I'm trying to make a bunch of appointments for school, or whatever else, I have to make a new "home" appointment and then change it to school once it's created. This creates a lot of extra steps--I have to re-do every single event that I make to put it in the calendar I want it to be in.

Is there a way to fix this that I'm overlooking? I don't want to change my default calendar, which I'm sure would help--I just want the flexibility to create multiple events in one calendar without having to go back over each one.

Daneas

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
I'd also like to know this. I also wish you could turn off the automatic all day even thing. I don't want to spend my life typing "at 10am" etc.

In my opinion the new iCal is a massive step backward. And it looks terrible.

Is it possible to install the old version?

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
I'd also like to know this. I also wish you could turn off the automatic all day even thing. I don't want to spend my life typing "at 10am" etc.

In my opinion the new iCal is a massive step backward. And it looks terrible.

Is it possible to install the old version?

I don't know but it's certainly possible to use BusyCal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.