Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBpro

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have been using my Belkin grip Vue case for few months... pretty good... my colleague had a 0.7mm thick PC case to protect his iP4... looks pretty cool... but I want to get a thinner PC case... anyone knows where I can get one?

Thanks!

ako323

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
I think the general rule for polycarbonate is 1.5 mm if you want it to survive a drop test. That being said, I saw some mention of Pinlo cases here on the forum a while back...they got their cases down to .35 mm or so.

Mcbee

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
LA, CA
I got a 0.7mm from case and it works great... love it... of course it does not offer great drop protection... but good enough to protect the phone from daily use

LTMK

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
NY, NY
I got a 0.7mm from case and it works great... love it... of course it does not offer great drop protection... but good enough to protect the phone from daily use

i believe the main purpose for the case is PROTECTION!!! doublt a 0.7mm case can do anything... .GO OTTERBOX!!!

Mcbee

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
LA, CA
@LTMK

Well people who wanna buy thin cases don't wanna add any bulk and keep the iPhone's orignal look while having scratch protection at the same time.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that when you buy a 0.35mm thick case it won't protect your phone if you drop it!

By the way TechDude, I still can't find that Desmay case you were talking about!

Are they any good ?

The 0.35mm case is not a choice for me. Its from another form of plastic called PET or something like that... The case is easily cracked

I like the case make of Polycarbonate (PC), but so far the thinnest PC case is 0.7mm... :)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I use a pinlo slice 3 (0.35mm). The next thinnest case i've used is the caze zero 5 matte version. It's 0.5mm but much more durable (the slice 3 is unlikely to survive a small drop). Another slim case that provides moderate protection is the incase snap. 1mm but has lay on the table design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.