Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I have a Zagg front and back. I'm looking for at least a front screen shield that will work with Griffin survivor without leaving water mark/sticking to case shield. I use Griffin Survivor during the week because of work and on weekends I switch out to Otterbox Commuter.

Any screen shields that will work with a case like the Griffin Survivor that have screen shields already?

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
Any screen shield will work, as long as this goes:

•Zagg, Wrapsol, & iWrap are all too thick.
•Unless they're super thin, front and back protection won't work with the plastic pieces on the Griffin Survivor.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia

•Unless they're super thin, front and back protection won't work with the plastic pieces on the Griffin Survivor.

Any suggestions of screen protectors that aren't too thick like Zagg that will work?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia

Any recommendations of super thin protectors?

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Any matte/anti-fingerprint screen shield will work. No problems. Crystal shields are a no go.

You can use any type of back, even a Zagg if you so choose. I don't usually use a back when I use my Survivor unless my phone already has one. Doesn't need one but it does fit. When I was using nothing but bumper cases, I always had a rear skin on the back and it would fit.

I use my Survivor when on Travel or when I'm going to be rough on my technology. Normally I run a Candyshell now.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Any matte/anti-fingerprint screen shield will work. No problems. Crystal shields are a no go.

You can use any type of back, even a Zagg if you so choose. I don't usually use a back when I use my Survivor unless my phone already has one. Doesn't need one but it does fit. When I was using nothing but bumper cases, I always had a rear skin on the back and it would fit.

I use my Survivor when on Travel or when I'm going to be rough on my technology. Normally I run a Candyshell now.

Won't matte screen shields distort iPhone screen with the Griffin Survivor screen protector?

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
Won't matte screen shields distort iPhone screen with the Griffin Survivor screen protector?

Yes, it looks ugly, go with a crystal clear if your using the Survivor's built in shield as well. My SGP Crystal Clear and the HiShop PureMate are all fantastic protectors that work with the Survivor.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
The crystal ones cause watermarks. It did on both of the Survivors that I have (one is the original and the other is the revised version). They aren't as bad as they are with a Zagg but they don't look great when viewed in the light. They aren't initially noticeable but once you start using your phone they do appear, especially after typing or playing a game.

As for the clarity, the Survivor itself dims the screen and takes away some of the fidelity of the iPhone 4 screen anyway. An anti-glare doesn't make a difference at all. This coming from actually using the Survivor for multiple weeks on travel. The little trade offs are worth it since the case is the most protective on the market.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
The crystal ones cause watermarks. It did on both of the Survivors that I have (one is the original and the other is the revised version). They aren't as bad as they are with a Zagg but they don't look great when viewed in the light. They aren't initially noticeable but once you start using your phone they do appear, especially after typing or playing a game.

As for the clarity, the Survivor itself dims the screen and takes away some of the fidelity of the iPhone 4 screen anyway. An anti-glare doesn't make a difference at all. This coming from actually using the Survivor for multiple weeks on travel. The little trade offs are worth it since the case is the most protective on the market.

Yes it's the most protective on the market.

I guess my option is when I switch on the weekends is not to use a screen protector.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
The Moshi AG works great with the Survivor so far after about a week of use. On weekends I use an Otterbox Commuter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.