Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLiveUdie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
I just used boot camp to install windows 7 on my MacBook (running Leopard 10.6.6) and nothing works. How can I get the proper drivers so that everything will work smoothly?

Can someone provide me with a link?

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
You should be able to install the drivers for windows from the disks that came with the computer. If that doesn't work you might be able to download the drivers off Apple's website, but you need to find the drivers, not their updates.

iLiveUdie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
I tried running the disk. It didn't work. It was CD and DVD sharing or some crap like that. Any idea why?

----------

So i found an article saying the following:

I believe I figured it out. For anyone else who has this issue, the solution is to right click on the DVD under "My Computer" and browse to the setup.exe under the "Boot Camp" folder.

How can I right click in Windows from my trackpad??? The two fingers does not work...any tricks?

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
--Nevermind, you found it.

----------

I tried running the disk. It didn't work. It was CD and DVD sharing or some crap like that. Any idea why?

----------

So i found an article saying the following:

I believe I figured it out. For anyone else who has this issue, the solution is to right click on the DVD under "My Computer" and browse to the setup.exe under the "Boot Camp" folder.

How can I right click in Windows from my trackpad??? The two fingers does not work...any tricks?

Can you just double click it?
You could use a real mouse, or you can open up command prompt and run it through there.

iLiveUdie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

CMD worked. Thanks!

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

CMD works. Thanks!

No problem. So you are installing the drivers now then?

iLiveUdie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010

Yes. In the process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.