PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for digital piano/MIDI controller?

swedefish
Aug 29, 2011, 10:20 PM
I just sold my M-Audio Prokeys Sono 88 digital piano as it took up too much space in my new place. Looking for something compact that works with GarageBand but that also lets me play piano, which I suppose means a 61-key interface. Any good recommendations that are reasonably priced for recreational use?

Jolly Jimmy
Aug 30, 2011, 07:15 AM
The M-Audio Keystation 61 es (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Keystation61es.html) is great and is reasonably priced.

swedefish
Aug 30, 2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I have been looking at it and I wouldn't have a problem going for it as I'm already used to M-Audio and I suppose the keys will "feel" very much like what I'm used to from the ProKeys Sono line. That said, I am more than open to considering other brands and midii keyboards with more functions, programmable pads etc.

jmacnash
Aug 30, 2011, 09:46 PM
I am a big fan of Novation, and actually own 4 of them!

Great key beds that, to me, feel much better than the M-Audio and they are highly programmable. Lots of knobs, buttons and pads.

Everything I do live now comes out of Mainstage and my live rig is a Novation Remote61 and an X Station 49.

swedefish
Sep 1, 2011, 02:02 PM
I am a big fan of Novation, and actually own 4 of them!

Great key beds that, to me, feel much better than the M-Audio and they are highly programmable. Lots of knobs, buttons and pads.

Everything I do live now comes out of Mainstage and my live rig is a Novation Remote61 and an X Station 49.

Thanks for the input. The Novation Remote61 looks good. I think it might be between it and M-Audio Axiom 61 Advanced.