Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
UK
Oh no! not another new macs soon thread I hear you cry :rolleyes:

But here is my evidence:

On the 14th March my sister an her boyfriend ordered via the phone a CTO iMac G5 (1GB Ram, 250GB Hard Drive, Airport Extreme and Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Mouse) as well as a few other items. The ship date was today (25th April), however i just checked the US site as another macrumors member suggested on another thread (
) and it hasn't even gone to manufacturing yet. It's stuck on Processing Order!

One of the following is true:
1) Apple are busy or have a parts shortage delaying the order
2) Apple are waiting for Tiger to be ready for new Macs
3) New iMac ready, imac will go to manufacturing when model is announced
4) Combination of 1, 2 and/or 3
5) Any other reason ?

As Apple traditionally release new hardware on Tuesdays we might find out tomorrow. :D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
New iMac updates are soon, it has already been reported... it will almost certainly either be tomorrow or May 3rd.

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
Chaszmyr said:
New iMac updates are soon, it has already been reported... it will almost certainly either be tomorrow or May 3rd.
I'm wondering if Apple would release new hardware before the Tiger countdown is over. Would Apple want to remove the Tiger countdown from the apple.com home page? :) I'd love to have updates tomorrow :p but I wonder if they'd do that before the Tiger countdown ends?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Even if we have updates tomorrow, that would take up the larger space. The Tiger countdown would remain. They would put the Tiger in one of the smaller boxes, or they could split the larger screen.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
SteveC said:
I'm wondering if Apple would release new hardware before the Tiger countdown is over. Would Apple want to remove the Tiger countdown from the apple.com home page? :) I'd love to have updates tomorrow :p but I wonder if they'd do that before the Tiger countdown ends?

I don't think it's out of the question. New iMacs would propel Tiger and vise versa. Besides, at MWSF this past year they released the mac mini and ipod mini at the same time, giving the apple.com home page revolving graphics of both products.

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
iMacs are overdue for updates. So are PowerMacs and eMacs. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all upgraded tomorrow and will ship with Tiger officially this Friday along with the release of Tiger. I think the iBooks still have a few months before it reaches the end of it's cycle and then will probably be updated in October/November.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I can't imagine it being announced after Tiger is shipped, but you never know. Its going to be nice to have a new machine with Tiger pre-installed - I've got 3 machines as it is that will need the upgrade, I'd not want to do it for any more.

D

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I'm glad that new iMacs are going to be released soon. I want to buy a new G5 iMac for my parents to replace their ageing 333 Mhz iMac. Panther is a dog on it.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
It's about time. I'm glad that they're updating it, and if it comes with 512 RAM and if it comes tomorrow, my dad might buy it for me! :D Then I won't have to wait until November to get it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.