PDA

View Full Version : Help with White Macbook SOS

ramses2005
Aug 31, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hello, today my macbook was working fine. I stopped working and after a few hours i decided to turn it on again to Skype a friend. The problem comes here. A white screen appeared as soon as i pressed the power button and after a while a folder with a question mark (?) sign appeared. I understand this is that the macbook doesn't find a start up disk... so then i grabbed the install disk and i turned on my macbook with the disc inside... when i accessed the disk selection panel the MACINTOSH HD wasn't an option , only de cd and internet start up... plz how can i fix this? do i have to change my hard drive? if so which model or HDD specifications do i have to buy?

SOS

THANKS IN ADVANCE....

marcato15
Sep 6, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yes, you need a new hard drive. You can really get whatever type of hard drive you want. I would recommend an SSD, as they are lightning fast. There are really only 2 requirements:
1. It must be a 2.5" drive (kinda obvious, but still)
2. It must be SATA connection (if you can find on that doesn't, you're doing pretty good as like 99% of 2.5" drives are going to be SATA)

Beyond, that you should be good. Just swap out the Hard drives and install on the new one. You might be able to buy a 2.5" hard drive enclosure to maybe get some of the data off your old hard drive.