Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Anyone know how to get the Macbook Air camera to take a picture every 15 seconds and upload it to an ftp server?

The Bronx Bull

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Anyone know how to get the Macbook Air camera to take a picture every 15 seconds and upload it to an ftp server?

Get some type of security camera software capable of doing so, and then set the power settings to be conducive to said software.

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
I'm sure some combination of applescript and quicksilver could do it, maybe a dash of automator too. No idea where to start though, but that might help narrow down your searches

tech324

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Get some type of security camera software capable of doing so, and then set the power settings to be conducive to said software.

Is there software that will utilize the macbook air camera?

----------

I'm sure some combination of applescript and quicksilver could do it, maybe a dash of automator too. No idea where to start though, but that might help narrow down your searches

Every bit helps thank you. I will check out quicksilver, never heard of it.

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Quicksilver is awesome, even if you only use it to launch apps quicker. But that's not even a scratch on the shiny surface of what it can do

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.