PDA

View Full Version : MiniDisplay Port to HDMI issue

smooth7iron
Sep 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
I have a 15" MBP and running 10.6.8 and connecting to a 24" Sony Internet/Google TV via miniDisplayport to HDMI. Connecting is not the problem. The main problem I am having is the picture quality is real grainy and the fonts have a halo effect around them. Also the response time for the mouse is real laggy. Not a crisp picture at all. I have connected to a Samsung LED tv and have the same issue. But if I connect via minidisplay to VGA on the Samsung it looks great. My new Sony tv does not have VGA only HDMI. Any help would be great. Thanks.

nateo200
Sep 1, 2011, 05:56 PM
I have a 15" MBP and running 10.6.8 and connecting to a 24" Sony Internet/Google TV via miniDisplayport to HDMI. Connecting is not the problem. The main problem I am having is the picture quality is real grainy and the fonts have a halo effect around them. Also the response time for the mouse is real laggy. Not a crisp picture at all. I have connected to a Samsung LED tv and have the same issue. But if I connect via minidisplay to VGA on the Samsung it looks great. My new Sony tv does not have VGA only HDMI. Any help would be great. Thanks.

You probably need to into the TV display's settings. The color, contrast, brightness, shading, etc. on allot of HDTV's is not exactly computer friendly standard...I had to play with mine quite a bit. After that go on your MBP's display settings and make sure to use the correct native resolution and preferably refresh rate if an option. Also pictures/screenshots always help :D :D

smooth7iron
Sep 1, 2011, 06:34 PM
I have went into the menu settings and nothing is really making it look any better. I would give screenshots but the screenshots do not show what you see on the TV. It looks fine in the screenshots. I have tried 2 different cables and still no luck.

nateo200
Sep 1, 2011, 06:36 PM
Hmm how long are the cables you are using? Are they decently thick? Also what kind of resolution settings are we talking about.

waw74
Sep 1, 2011, 09:53 PM
also try changing your refresh rate. i've seen that cause similar issues.