Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maxinuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Hi all,

I recently downloaded iVolume to try it out - works fine on my laptop and toggling the soundcheck on/off makes a very definite change to the sound level, however when I try the same on the Touch (having sync'd of course) it does nothing - anyone had this issue or know of any idea why? I have tried re-syncing, making sure soundcheck is ticked on both laptop and iPod but it makes no difference...

Many thanks.

lightfoot4

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
Normalization not working with iVolume

Hi all,

I recently downloaded iVolume to try it out - works fine on my laptop and toggling the soundcheck on/off makes a very definite change to the sound level, however when I try the same on the Touch (having sync'd of course) it does nothing - anyone had this issue or know of any idea why? I have tried re-syncing, making sure soundcheck is ticked on both laptop and iPod but it makes no difference...

Many thanks.

iVolume worked fine for me on the iTouch until the last IOS update and all went to hell. I have yet found a solution and have not received a reply from the iVolume author. I have also re-imaged the iTouch with no change. Running my library through iVolume again made no change. I was thinking I may need to change the encoding on my songs to match, since I have AAC, MP3 and apple lossless in my library. Ideas welcome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.