Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadderGoat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
I wiped my HD on my iMac to reinstall lion and set it up as a new Mac because I was going to access my important files using Time Machine but when I open Time Machine, all I can Access is my Applications folder. Any help? I've lost all of my songs now and it sucks. Big time.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I wiped my HD on my iMac to reinstall lion and set it up as a new Mac because I was going to access my important files using Time Machine but when I open Time Machine, all I can Access is my Applications folder. Any help? I've lost all of my songs now and it sucks. Big time.

It's a little late to tell you this but never wipe your Macintosh HD until you have a known good backup. Time Capsule is NOT a known good backup. If you've been backing up over wifi, chances are the backup has become corrupted. I found this out several times. When I want to upgrade my HDD, I use CCC. But before I knew about CCC, I would make a NEW TM backup to a firewire or USB drive so I knew it was all there and fresh. Then I would migrate from that freshly created TM backup. In your situation you might be able to have disk utility do a repair on your TM backup and get more stuff back. I would start by copying EVERYTHING YOU CAN to another location.

Bottom line: Time Machine and Time Capsule are convenient but must not be your only backup.

LadderGoat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
So am I screwed? Is there any little apps that can access my backups and find my songs? thats all I really need. I can live without the other stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.