View Full Version : Ipod Classic

Sep 2, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hi guys. just looking for a bit of advice. Im tempted to buy an iPod Classic however I'm not too sure if they will be bringing in an update soon. Along with this i should be getting an iPhone upgrade soon.

Should i

a) buy a classic

b) wait and buy a classic (if there is an update)

c) Not bother and get the iPhone.


Sep 2, 2011, 01:28 PM
wait after the ipod event.

Sep 2, 2011, 02:34 PM
I'm also thinking of buying an iPod Classic to replace my cd changer, but I will wait after the iPod event that is going happen this month. I hope that Apple updates the iPod classic with SSD hard drives, touch screen, and with good audio dacs.

Sep 3, 2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah I would really wait for the iPod event.. Clearly an iPod classic refresh is really overdue.. Hopefully we see an update..

Sep 4, 2011, 04:42 AM
Worst case if it is no longer offered at least you can get one of the last ones at Best Buy or something.

Sep 4, 2011, 04:57 AM
I'd get it now - I really don't see Apple updating it at all in future.

Sep 4, 2011, 07:13 AM
just wait for the iPod event and then you decide ;)

Sep 4, 2011, 08:34 AM
My advice would be that you wait until after the iPod event; that way, you will see what happens, and, should either, be able to buy a new classic (assuming it is updated), or, buy one of the existing - possibly to be discontinued - models, possibly at a discount.


Sep 4, 2011, 04:16 PM
BTW when will this event happen?

Sep 6, 2011, 10:41 AM
i've given up hope for a classic update :(

Sep 6, 2011, 12:06 PM
BTW when will this event happen?

No one knows, brah.. As u may know, iPhone users are also desperately waiting for the next event.