Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StevieB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
As many of you know . . . yesterday, Apogee 'finally' came out with their Lion software update for their (now legacy) Duet interface.

Based on some sketchy details I have seen . . . once installed, the Maestro 1 software (that came with the Duet) may not be fully functional or even function at all.

Can someone shed some light on this? Have any of you Duet users completed the Lion update yet? Please tell me how it went and does your Maestro 1 work or even exist after you did the update.

BOTTOM LINE: If I do the Lion update, will I have the use of Maestro with my Apogee Duet?

greenorblue

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2010
It installs Apogee Maestro 2 on your system. It works with the Duet, although I am still having some problems with detection of the device.

Etu

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
Same problems

Yep, I updated and still have nothing but problems.

The main issue for me seems to be when I hit mute and then the entire thing goes haywire.

Daubster

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
Austin, TX
Low Latency Mixing

Im having a lot of problems. They aren't completely debilitating, but are a nuisance to work with...

1. Low latency mixing with Logic 9 isn't working.
2. Logic 9 will often crash when I adjust gain device controls in Maestro 2.
3. There are a lot of issues with the input/output controls. The floating volume display on my Mac screen goes crazy sometimes. Volume levels don't seem to adequately reflect gain control.

These drivers are very unstable!

diamondgza

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Nothing but problems

I've got the Duet 1 and since the upgrade and install of the new Apogee software I've got major sound and crashing issues. Honestly I wish I wouldn't have bothered. The sound keeps hissing and crackling and the only temporary fix I can find is to unplug the firewire cable and then plug it back in.
Going back to snow leopard is very tempting but without the space to back up my 500gig music collection it would be a total nightmare.
Come on Apogee, I paid good money and your update is shocking!!

carlosbur66

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
Duet 2

I got the Duet 2 along with a Macbook Pro in August...as a means to record mobile...Iv got a desktop Macpro studio rig at Home with a Focusrite interface...tried using it Saturday on a job...complete waste of time...I had to abandon the session with a red face ...the Meastro software just wasn't seeing the Duet interface...I brought the latest driver on a USB stick ...reinstalled the software...trashed the Preferences...tried everything I could think of...nothing...just kept saying no interface detected...I sent an Email to Apogee and not heard anything back yet??...I bought the Apogee in the Apple store along with the Macbook Pro thinking it was the most reliable ...what a mistake...£456.00 a lot of money for something not to work:mad:

Bloodshed

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2012
Hello,

I had the same problems (sound crackling and volume issues) with my Apogee Duet 1 on Maestro 2 with OS X Lion, so I switched back to Snow Leopard.

Now 8 months later, do you know if those problems persist? Is there any new update that fix them?

Thanks for your feedback!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.