Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I've just updated to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 build 11C48 after running the included Reversioner. I then installed iCloud beta 10.

System Preferences now crashes every time I try to login to iCloud. I get the message "System Preferences quit unexpectedly".

I've also tried adding a new iCloud account via System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > Add Account > iCloud. I get the same result doing it this way unfortunately.

I've tried reinstalling iCloud again several times, with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I just re-ran the Reversioner and 10.7.2 update and now I can't access System Preferences at all, let alone the iCloud login screen. It crashes immediately.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Too bad. For only $99 a year you could be helping yourself and the Mac community make things better.

Good luck.

I'm considering it actually and would have joined earlier today, but just became aware that the iOS and Mac programs are separate (i.e. $99 each); so I wouldn't have legitimate access to betas etc for both OSs. Although I assume there is universal access to all forums no matter which program I joined?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
You know I'm really not sure. I have access to all the forums but I've been a Dev on both platforms for years so I couldn't tell whether or not access is seperated.

In any case iCloud is part of the IOS portion so you would at least have access to any discussion pertaining to iCloud .

J.C

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
You know I'm really not sure. I have access to all the forums but I've been a Dev on both platforms for years so I couldn't tell whether or not access is seperated.

In any case iCloud is part of the IOS portion so you would at least have access to any discussion pertaining to iCloud .

Thanks mate

steve77uk

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
UK
I've just updated to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 build 11C48 after running the included Reversioner. I then installed iCloud beta 10.

System Preferences now crashes every time I try to login to iCloud. I get the message "System Preferences quit unexpectedly".

I've also tried adding a new iCloud account via System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > Add Account > iCloud. I get the same result doing it this way unfortunately.

I've tried reinstalling iCloud again several times, with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution?

Have you tried signing out of MobileMe in the preferences pane first?

Just an educated guess :)

LaazyEye

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
no success either - tried it with kext utility.

Strange, because it worked until beta 9

Any idea? Will try to uninstall beta 10 ... if I find it

another thing i did was disable the guest account, although i really didn't think that was part of it, but i guess you can humor yourself and try it out. Otherwise I guess you'll just have to sit back for a few until a new beta arrives =/

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
another thing i did was disable the guest account, although i really didn't think that was part of it, but i guess you can humor yourself and try it out. Otherwise I guess you'll just have to sit back for a few until a new beta arrives =/

did not work either ... thank you for any ideas

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
It seems to be something with the iCloud Account - for me it works on the web and with iOs 5, but not with the Mac.

When I try to create a new ID from the iCloud Prference Panel I get a error message to.

Signing out of MobileMe or repairing permissions did not change anything.

Maybe I should go back to beta 9 via Recovery but not sure if it won't be the account.

preppyr6

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2011
Have you found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. I dont have mobileme and permissions did not fix the problem.

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2010
Logging out of the MobileMe Preference Pane solved this for me also so THANKS! I saw a note about doing this in one of the very first iCloud betas and completely forgot about it. It was never a problem until the latest beta and it slipped my mind.

For that other person still having problems, try deleting the iCloud folder in your User Application Support folder. They at least allowed me to view the preference panes without them crashing.

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
For that other person still having problems, try deleting the iCloud folder in your User Application Support folder. They at least allowed me to view the preference panes without them crashing.

Thank you for the hint - can you tell me please, where this folder is located?

I have searched in User/Library/Application Support

Thanx a lot, would be great to solve this problem finally by this!

yeticomes

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2011
So I didn't find the iCloud folder I tried to login with an other user on my Lion Beta System - but the Account was also denied and there was a message that I should login with an iOS Device - but my both iOS Devices are still logged in?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.