Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lchrjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
So, i have a few questions that have kept me from moving to Lion, i'm a bit of a tech-challenged so bare with me please.

I have a 500GB Hard drive and i have a 50GB partition with Windows XP. what happens with that once i install Lion? It gets deleted or just stays there.

And what about all the Snow Leopard system files? Once i install Lion are those replaced or they remain there cause if they stay there i'd like to use that HD space for something else... idk.

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 Memory. Is that ok to run Lion? Will i notice it's slower than Snow Leopard cause i run some heavy stuff like Photoshop and After Effects.

finally, i know that if i upgrade my files will stay there, they won't be deleted once i start using Lion, but what happens with my software? All my adobe suite and other apps and programs. Are they installed too or they dissapear with Lion and i have to install everything again?

I hope somebody can clear this up for me. :) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.