PDA

View Full Version : Apple says no to DRM

vniow
Oct 2, 2002, 01:25 PM
For now.

Intel's doing it. Advanced Micro Devices is doing it. Microsoft is doing it.

Apple Computer isn't.

What's Apple not doing? It's not -- at least so far -- moving toward an anti-customer embrace with Hollywood's movie studios and the other members of the powerful entertainment cartel.

I wonder though, since they're used so much n the entertainment industry if they can hold out against DRM in the future.:(

click me (http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/4193833.htm)

SilvorX
Oct 2, 2002, 02:49 PM
that must mean apple's against palladium (aka policeware)...if apple went for that, then theydd have to remove the ipod from their website probably...

Pepzhez
Oct 2, 2002, 04:05 PM
But isn't it strange that Disk Copy in OS 10.2 refuses to recognize audio CDs? Is this a bug or is it an indication of a more sinister development?

alex_ant
Oct 2, 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Pepzhez
But isn't it strange that Disk Copy in OS 10.2 refuses to recognize audio CDs? Is this a bug or is it an indication of a more sinister development?
I haven't tried it, but are you sure it's supposed to? I thought all the CD ripping/burning stuff had to be handled in iTunes. There's no filesystem on audio CDs, so maybe that's why Disk Copy can't read them.

job
Oct 2, 2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant

I thought all the CD ripping/burning stuff had to be handled in iTunes. There's no filesystem on audio CDs, so maybe that's why Disk Copy can't read them.

That's what I thought.

I remember in 9, Toast 4.1.2 got messed up by iTunes. Toast no longer recognized my CD-RW drive.

So I think alex may be on to something here...