PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard SDK

ibookster
Apr 26, 2005, 04:25 PM
Will the Dashboard SDK be released as a standalone installer when Tiger is released? Or will I have to become a select memeber to optain a copy?

DXoverDY
Apr 26, 2005, 05:27 PM
Will the Dashboard SDK be released as a standalone installer when ichat is released? Or will I have to become a select memeber to optain a copy?

Um.. first off... Dashboard has nothing to do with iChat.

The SDK really just consists of a few documents explaining the pecularities of it all. You'll probably have a document on Cocoa interfacing, the new javascript additions, and how to bundle a widget for installation. This will be on the Xcode cd with Tiger, and probably available on the developer website on Friday or shortly after.

EDIT: for those who aren't aware. Widgets are written almost entirely in HTML with CSS and Javascript. There really isn't... an SDK per say. I guess your SDK would consist of a text editor, a document explaining the new additions to javascript (for saving preferences, flipping widgets, and interfacing with cocoa since you can write part of the code in cocoa if you want). The rest would be your books for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.