Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikegs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Can anybody sum up which multi touch features that are unavailable when running win 7 in bootcamp on MBA 2010. Does it do three finger taps etc. Is two finger scrolling as good as in os X etc?

Thanks

yusukeaoki

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Scroll page up and down, tap to click is what I know so far.

You cant rotate pictures, zoom, swipe to turn page, or any of that.

jhencken

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
University Place, WA
trackpad only moves cursor, Bootcamp win7 on iMac

How are you managing to get any of the features besides cursor movement to work? I have new iMac, win7 installed in Bootcamp.

Win7 recognizes the trackpad but the graphic is of a mouse. It says it's working properly, but the only thing it will do is move the cursor -- and that works only after removing the device and reinstalling it.

Can you advise?

qwerf123

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
UK
How are you managing to get any of the features besides cursor movement to work? I have new iMac, win7 installed in Bootcamp.

Win7 recognizes the trackpad but the graphic is of a mouse. It says it's working properly, but the only thing it will do is move the cursor -- and that works only after removing the device and reinstalling it.

Can you advise?

Did you actually install the bootcamp drivers/software which you can make with bootcamp assistant in Mac OSX?

komoornik

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
Just read the site.

You'll need the Power Plan Assistant too - but it's pretty much great app too.

It let you control the backlight of the keyboard and turn on/off wifi/bt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.