PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 MenuBar items missing

chekz0414
Sep 5, 2011, 10:13 AM
Hi everyone, I'm truly upset and I dont know what to do...I don't have the Tiger install disc for this computer, I have a leopard disc but that won't help me since I can't install it :( but I kinda know I have to replace some of the System files in Tiger would anyone be willing to help me? I'm on 10.4.11

MAC MAN JW
Sep 5, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone, I'm truly upset and I dont know what to do...I don't have the Tiger install disc for this computer, I have a leopard disc but that won't help me since I can't install it :( but I kinda know I have to replace some of the System files in Tiger would anyone be willing to help me? I'm on 10.4.11

As long as your Leopard disc is the retail version you can use it with your powerbook as long as you have enough Ram. The cpu speed can be hacked by Leopard Assist app so you can install leopard on your powerbook if it is less then 867MHz. :)

chekz0414
Sep 5, 2011, 03:59 PM
As long as your Leopard disc is the retail version you can use it with your powerbook as long as you have enough Ram. The cpu speed can be hacked by Leopard Assist app so you can install leopard on your powerbook if it is less then 867MHz. :)

Hey bro, Thanks for your assistance but my problem is more RAM, 256MB is on this the processor speed is AOK for Leopard, and to make matters worse my RAM slot is dead....I am in need of

-BezelIUI
-SystemUIServer
-search.bundle

I must replace these in order to fix apparently.... :((