PDA

View Full Version : Why does App Store show Update for Lion

kbmb
Sep 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
I have Lion installed (updated to 10.7.1 via Software Update).

Why, when I look at my purchased list.....does it have an Update button next to Lion? I'm already on 10.7.1?

Any ideas?

-Kevin

Billywiz1307
Sep 5, 2011, 05:00 PM
I had that too. I didn't mind trashing what wreckage of an OS X Lion I had already, so I downloaded it. I partly thought it may be 10.7.2 but hey, this is Apple and Lion. It just reinstalled Lion again without destroying the original Lion install. I guess it's a bug - basically it wasn't recognising that I had already updated to 10.7.1.

That's what I like about Apple, "it just works". Now where have I heard that BS before.

Was it like this when you all moved from Tiger to Leopard - were people going on about staying with or moving back to Tiger?

kbmb
Sep 5, 2011, 05:04 PM
I had that too. I didn't mind trashing what wreckage of an OS X Lion I had already, so I downloaded it. I partly thought it may be 10.7.2 but hey, this is Apple and Lion. It just reinstalled Lion again without destroying the original Lion install. I guess it's a bug - basically it wasn't recognising that I had already updated to 10.7.1.

That's what I like about Apple, "it just works". Now where have I heard that BS before.

Was it like this when you all moved from Tiger to Leopard - were people going on about staying with or moving back to Tiger?

Thanks for "testing" it for me! :D

Guess I'll just leave it alone.

-Kevin

FrancoisC
Sep 5, 2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe it update the recovery partition?