PDA

View Full Version : Lion & iLife?

waynep
Sep 6, 2011, 07:07 PM
All,

In January I bought a 2010 MBP and it came with Snow Leopard. With the MBP I got a free iLife DVD and installed it. I seem to recall that the App store showed installed on the iLife Apps at some point but I would not bet on it today. I always keep things up to date and that includes all updates using both the App store and the Software Update tool (via Apple menu).

Later on, I upgraded to Lion via the Mac App store and as of today and totally up to date. Now the App store shows prices for the iLife apps and they don't show as installed. Is this normal? I would have expected that they would show up as installed . . . But also can understand that since they were not installed via the App store, then maybe they won't.

This is not a huge concern as I have the original SL and iLIfe DVDs that came with the MBP and can always reinstall via that route if ever needed.

wayne

mrapplegate
Sep 6, 2011, 07:17 PM
All,

In January I bought a 2010 MBP and it came with Snow Leopard. With the MBP I got a free iLife DVD and installed it. I seem to recall that the App store showed installed on the iLife Apps at some point but I would not bet on it today. I always keep things up to date and that includes all updates using both the App store and the Software Update tool (via Apple menu).

Later on, I upgraded to Lion via the Mac App store and as of today and totally up to date. Now the App store shows prices for the iLife apps and they don't show as installed. Is this normal? I would have expected that they would show up as installed . . . But also can understand that since they were not installed via the App store, then maybe they won't.

This is not a huge concern as I have the original SL and iLIfe DVDs that came with the MBP and can always reinstall via that route if ever needed.

wayne

The iLife apps would not show up in the app store as upgrades unless you purchased them via the app store.
More likely just faulty memory :D