PDA

View Full Version : CrossDomain.xml??? IMAC G3

comda
Sep 6, 2011, 08:48 PM
this weired thing is happening to my imac G3, im running mac osx 10.2.8 and when i opened camino, my web browser everything went fine until i did a search on google, then my computer begins to download these files call Crossdomain.xml and it keeps downloading them until i forcequit camino? whats wrong??? this is camino version 2.0.7, and it only does it on camino, not in safari 1.0 or firefox 2.0.0.6. another question, in your opinion which is the best web browser for a old imac G3 DVI 400mhz model running osx 10.2.8??? please help me with the camino and a new browser. thanks in adcance

MacHamster68
Sep 6, 2011, 09:35 PM
my very rough guess is all you problems are caused by your old firmware , Apple had a reason to create that update , and it does not make your iMac G3 less original

from Apple support page
If you own an iMac (Slot Loading) computer, you must install the iMac Firmware Update 4.1.9 before installing Mac OS X 10.2 or later.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3036?viewlocale=en_US

and installing the firmware update is really not rocket science
here the how to
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2561?viewlocale=en_US

so please if you want to enjoy your iMac boot into OS9 (9.2.2 is the latest verision and its great too with clasilla webbrowsing works) and install that firmwareupdate and then ugrade your ram to 512mb at least ,because OSX wants nothing more then ram and more ram 10.2.8 is using already around 200mb ram , without any app loading ,after all that is done then install jaguar 10.2 again ,
but you would even get a faster and better experience with Panther 10.3 (works with 384mb ram but thats pushing it already )and with tiger 10.4 (512mb are fine but better 768mb -1gb )
and you still can boot into OS9 if thats your concern

please your iMac is suffering , he does its best , but you need to support him a bit :(

comda
Sep 7, 2011, 05:19 PM
sorry my bad the version camino im useing is version 1.0.6, and are you sure this has to do with the firmware? i have used open firmware in the past and it has given me trouble, like i couldnt downgrade from panther 10.3.9 to just 10.3

MacHamster68
Sep 8, 2011, 05:46 AM
has a lot to do with the firmware you said you are using firware version 2.4...and the newest for your iMac is 4.1.9

the open firmware does not only make your iMac boot its also responsible that all hardware parts interact proper with the OS or the other way round