PDA

View Full Version : Cowboom has PB 12" 1.5ghz's for $220

coupdetat
Sep 7, 2011, 02:26 PM
Just a quick heads up:

http://www.cowboom.com/product/647194

I'm not sure what the going price for 12" PB's these days is, but $220 seems pretty reasonable as long as they're in decent shape. Throw in a $30 1gb stick of RAM and you've got yourself a great classic machine.

burnout8488
Sep 7, 2011, 02:42 PM
What's with the triple redirect when I click that link?? Do you have the URL masked to a "pay per click" deal?

coupdetat
Sep 7, 2011, 03:00 PM
Nope, I see no such redirect. Copy-paste the link if you are paranoid :)

[edit] and if I had a pay-per-click deal, posting in a PPC forum would be pretty much the lowest-yield idea ever.

burnout8488
Sep 7, 2011, 04:49 PM
I was trying to believe that noone would ever do that :p The URL would keep switching to completely different websites, then finally land on the PB page. Sorry to crap on your thread :(

zen.state
Sep 7, 2011, 05:26 PM
Link works fine for me. I think Mr. Burnout has a sketchy computer.

Nameci
Sep 7, 2011, 05:39 PM
Link also works fine for me... I'm on Camino btw. If that would make a sense.

adcx64
Sep 7, 2011, 06:08 PM
The link redirects twice when I click on it using the iPad.

Des Zac
Sep 7, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm using Chrome and it's fine for me, anyways, back to topic?

SkippyThorson
Sep 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
I was interested in this for the sheer cheapness of a classic compact laptop, but I got curious and gravitated towards my favorite G4 of all time... I was shocked with my find.

$860 for an iMac G4? (http://www.cowboom.com/product/673440) :eek: I had better sell mine!!! Albeit that's the top of the line, but that's about $650 too much.

Where does this site get their prices? Simply based off supply and demand? Strange that PowerBook is so low and that iMac is so off-the-charts insane. I know they're a legit site, but wow.

zen.state
Sep 7, 2011, 11:56 PM
I was interested in this for the sheer cheapness of a classic compact laptop, but I got curious and gravitated towards my favorite G4 of all time... I was shocked with my find.

$860 for an iMac G4? (http://www.cowboom.com/product/673440) :eek: I had better sell mine!!! Albeit that's the top of the line, but that's about $650 too much.

Where does this site get their prices? Simply based off supply and demand? Strange that PowerBook is so low and that iMac is so off-the-charts insane. I know they're a legit site, but wow.

I recently sold an iMac G5 (20" 1.8GHz 1GB RAM 160GB HD) for a client for $230. To be fair the G4 iMac is actually more in demand but $860 is insane. Never been an all in one guy.

I saw a person asking 1600 for an iMac G4 on CL maybe a year or more ago. I couldn't believe it.

OrangeSVTguy
Sep 9, 2011, 09:09 PM

Clicked that link and got it much cheaper :D Free shipping too. The $1200+ iBook made me laugh so I don't know how legit this site really is?

666sheep
Sep 10, 2011, 01:38 AM
Clicked that link and got it much cheaper :D Free shipping too. The $1200+ iBook made me laugh so I don't know how legit this site really is?

They must read this forum ;) :p
BTW, I want one for $107, even without free shipping :eek:

OrangeSVTguy
Sep 10, 2011, 06:58 PM
They must read this forum ;) :p
BTW, I want one for $107, even without free shipping :eek:
Guess someone else bought it? It's not there anymore :confused:

ThunderSnake
Sep 10, 2011, 09:40 PM
Guess someone else bought it? It's not there anymore :confused:

Bummer! I'm not really an iMac kinda guy, but that was tempting (it was there when I looked earlier today). It would have looked very nice in my kitchen between the two lightsabers mounted on the wall.

The 1.5GHz PB G4 for $220 is also very tempting. My PB 1400c, to be honest, is starting to feel a little dated.

OrangeSVTguy
Sep 11, 2011, 04:24 PM
Bummer! I'm not really an iMac kinda guy, but that was tempting (it was there when I looked earlier today). It would have looked very nice in my kitchen between the two lightsabers mounted on the wall.

The 1.5GHz PB G4 for $220 is also very tempting. My PB 1400c, to be honest, is starting to feel a little dated.

Haha. I think that 1400c was dated back in 2001 :D

Always wanted a 3400c for nostalgic reasons. Wanted one back in the mid-90s but didn't have the $3500 as I was in 4th grade haha. Sure did mow a lot of lawns that summer to try to save up for one.

Lord Blackadder
Sep 11, 2011, 04:31 PM
Buying a used Mac from a reseller is a dicey proposition. Occasionally they sell at fair prices but usually they ask a lot more than private sellers on ebay.

Considering that Windows Netbooks with new (much more powerful) Atom CPUs can be had for $200, even the popular 12" Powerbooks should be able to be had pretty cheaply these days.