Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kennyleeme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Hi all. I listen to a lot of podcasts from various DJs and I usually download the mp3 and split them using Medieval Cue Splitter when I used a PC. Now, since I'm on a mac, I can't find any cue splitting programs out there. Do you guys happen to know of any? Please help me! Thank you!

Neobond

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Minneapolis
I am also looking for a solution to this problem. Before upgrading to Lion I used cue-splitter 2.6 worked great for what it was, now with Lion it has been left behind due to a need for rosetta.

I am looking for Lion compatible cue splitter that will populate ID3 tag information from cue files. Magic Cutter from the Mac App Store works, some of the time, at cutting mp3s from cue files nicely, but it has no tag support.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Srpedro

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Cue Splitting with XLD

XLD splits FLAC files with que sheets flawlessly.

OSX 10.7.4

bobbyfritze

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
XLD for .cue

+1 for XLD.

Granted I've never used anything else, but for splitting radio shows to re-listen, this one couldn't be easier.
Periodic updates, supports cover art, lossless, and many other options that even an above average amateur audiophile appreciates.

+1 for alliteration.

hudsonlowboy

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2014
Xld

+1 as well for XLD. Literally took 2 minutes from completed download to having two spirit FLAC flies split into about 30 songs.

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
just wondering, if it supports tags transfer from cue sheets into mp3s ?

It's been a while so I can't say. Guess you should try it yourself. Download XLD It's free and one of the best apps around. It may have that feature you're looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.