PDA

View Full Version : oops is it downloading and installing? haha

mr3cho
Sep 9, 2011, 07:08 AM
I just bought Lion in the appstore on my work machine with the intention of putting it on a usb and installing it on my laptop at home. But I forgot that the apps that I usually 'install' from the appstore install right away. The button says 'installing' right now (but it's still downloading). I don't want Lion installed on my work machine! hahaha oh boy..

Jagardn
Sep 9, 2011, 08:17 AM
It won't install by itself. There is a way to extract the dmg from the package and burn it to a DVD. There are threads on the forum that have the instructions.

aziatiklover
Sep 9, 2011, 08:27 AM
I would say just export the installer app to a USB thumb drive then u will be able to install it on both machine ;)

DewGuy1999
Sep 9, 2011, 09:06 AM
First, if you go to the Purchased tab in the Mac App Store I believe you can cancel the download there.

Second, if you decide to let it download, when it gets finished downloading you can quit it before it installs and then go to your Applications folder and you'll find Install Mac OS X Lion there, just copy it to your flash drive and you can take it home and put it in the same place on your Mac and then install it from there.

If you want to have a bootable version on your flash drive for future installs use the instructions here (http://www.macworld.com/article/161069/2011/07/make_a_bootable_lion_installer.html) to make one before you run the installer as once the installer runs it deletes the Install Mac OS X Lion file from your Applications folder.