Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
AR

Attachments

• dash-games-dashup83838.jpg
    dash-games-dashup83838.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I quite like the look of that.

I think this gen the PS3 has my fave UI. I like how everything, including system options are only a few buttons away. But this new MS UI looks a lot more refined and sharp. Can't stand the current one :eek:.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
It looks nice. But is it really necessary for them to keep changing the 360's UI?

Last edited:

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
It looks nice. But is it really necessary for them to keep changing the 360's UI?

Only to add easily accessible features they think we want or need. I do agree with Dagless that the PS3 has the nicest UI, however its only been more cluttered with the latest FW. Both UIs are much to slow to come up while in game, the PS3 being the worst offender IMO loading the drop down menus.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Didn't they already have a UI like this for the Kinect?

Kinect-Dashboard-Annie.jpg

Except now it's for controllers too?

Eh, still MUCH prefer the original xbox dashboard screen. :p. The first one. From 2005/2006.

TheSideshow

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011

Eh, still MUCH prefer the original xbox dashboard screen. :p. The first one. From 2005/2006.

Yeah, this will get rid of the Kinect version and make it the same as the controller version shown here.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

They're introducing Kinect functionality to the rest of the Dashboard. I suspect that's why the general UI will now look like the one they already use for the Kinect specific part of the Dashboard.

bungiefan89

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Do. Not. Want.

This will be the FOURTH time Micro$oft has 'upgraded' their interface, and this one looks just as pointless as the rest.

What happened to the days when game consoles were about games? Why must my gaming experience take place in this magic childish land of mass advertizements and cheesy 'Avatars'?

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Do. Not. Want.

This will be the FOURTH time Micro$oft has 'upgraded' their interface, and this one looks just as pointless as the rest.

What happened to the days when game consoles were about games? Why must my gaming experience take place in this magic childish land of mass advertizements and cheesy 'Avatars'?
Just set your 360 to boot to disc, and problem solved. Not that hard.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Should make Kinect that much more useful. I never saw many games I wanted, and the few that seemed interesting, I never ended up with. So I'm not saying it's a bad piece of hardware or even the software is lacking, but I know I'm still waiting for a large number of games.

But controlling the OS and interacting with Netflix/Hulu with just my hands, I'm interested.

Heck I use my PS3/360 more for that then I do games now.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I'm not at all a fan of that UI on any device. It makes it look like phones don't have big enough screens, and I prefer a computer to look and feel like a computer, not a tablet.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I guess I'm the only one that really does not care one bit about the UI?
To be honest, I don't really care either way. I mean, it looks nice, but I don't really put much thought into the dashboard. I see it for about a minute when I boot up the console, but after that, I'm in the game, and just use the mini-guide from there on out. The mini-guide works great, though, so I hope that isn't changing too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.