PDA

View Full Version : Has too many bugs

rockinred
Sep 9, 2011, 07:07 PM
Always been an early adopter. Loaded this on all my PC's (3) and have had nothing but issues. The new interface and changes are ok and cool. It just keeps locking up on me. Safari is absolutely horrible.... constantly locking up and I have to force quit. The whole system has a delayed reaction to the touch pad results and it is hit and miss as to whether or not it will work.

iPhoto - slow as ever
iTunes - takes forever to launch
Safari - I changed over from jitouch on firefox with a 3finger swipe to go back and forth to the (new) Safari pad touch and it is a joke.

Any program I launch takes forever to start up. I am all for new interface and innovation... this is disappointing. Suppose to be an upgrade?? sheesh. Since I loaded this system on launch day I have to force power off my system more times than I have ever had to in ALL the past years??

What a mess this is turning out to be. To think the whole last keynote by apple was to talk about software innovation and that this was the year. I hope IOS 5 works a lot more smooth than this.

hayesk
Sep 9, 2011, 08:34 PM
I don't understand half of your post? PC's? Jitouch to Safari pad touch? Huh?

I don't find the trackpad unresponsive, nor does it take a long time to launch apps.

Do you have enough RAM? Do you have old software installed that is not compatible and using too h CPU or RAM.

rockinred
Sep 9, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't understand half of your post? PC's? Jitouch to Safari pad touch? Huh?

I don't find the trackpad unresponsive, nor does it take a long time to launch apps.

Do you have enough RAM? Do you have old software installed that is not compatible and using too h CPU or RAM.

Ok...PC stands for Personal Computer. How do you know what CPU and RAM mean and not PC??? So my own personal computers that had Snow Leapard.

jitouch is a software designed to make use of the trackpad. There were a few solid ones out there such as this one. You were able to use that software to manipulate the trackpad and use gestures to navigate. In fact it is these software programs that inspired Apple to make their own. It would not work on Safari in snow leopard but it would on Firefox... probably because Apple wanted to make their own, hence OS Lion and the new Safari with trackpad swipe navigation. Once Lion was installed I had to turn it off due to conflict in software on the trackpad since it was designed originally for the Snow Leopard trackpad. Now what I am saying is that the previous set up was so much more solid and reliable than the new OS Lion when it comes to navigation. Which is very frustrating because I know it is possible to navigate with trackpad gestures seamlessly since I did it for so long prior to Lion. I can't spell out anymore on my post about software taking forever to launch from previous version.

I have plenty of RAM on my Macbook pros.

I don't know what was so confusing about the post? Pretty straight forward for the most part.