Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDragon1846

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Hi, I recently got a mac mini 2011, with the 2.7 GHz i7 and 6630m graphics, and it's been working great. But I just turned it on and a screen came up saying to hold the power to restart the computer! :eek:

As far as I know, thats a Kernal Panic (this is my first mac, so it's the first time such a thing has happened).

Anyway, the day after I got my mini, I changed the 4gb of ram to some Crucial 8gb, and it's been working fine the last few days. Could it be the ram causing trouble?

The only thing that was different today when turning on the mini, was I had my Razor Mamba mouse on it's charging stand. Could my mouse being on the charging stand cause the error?, maybe from drawing too much power from the usb at startup?

I really hope something in the mac it's self isn't causing the errors.

I probably wouldn't of worried if it happened on my pc, but beings I'm so new to using Macs, as you can imagine, I get freaked out when something happens that shouldn't. :eek:

MadDragon1846

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Right, well I "think" this has the Kernel :D log lol:

Code:
*snip*

Hmm I see it mentions Hamachi. Could it be that thats the problem?

Last edited:

MadDragon1846

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
it does indeed, and your so right. Hamachi caused the panic. were you using hamachi heavily like for torrenting etc?

Actually I haven't used it for anything yet lol. I installed it last night, set it up to connect to my pc, then when it was all connecting fine, I closed the program.

I use hamachi to play lan games against my bro, so I only turn it on when needed.

If it caused the Kernel panic though, it's probably best to just uninstall it. I'v got it on my pc anyway, so I'll still be able to play lan games. :)

Anyway, thanks mulo and glen, for the the quick help :cool:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.