PDA

View Full Version : Safari full screen default

Andyjack
Sep 10, 2011, 10:18 AM
Can anyone help me set Safari to default to full screen when it opens?
When I first upgraded to Lion, after a few goes it seemed to 'learn' that was what I wanted and from then on it did it without being asked (as mail does now too, without any problems).

However, Safari seems to have 'forgotten' again (maybe some setting somewhere?) and I have to go up and switch it every single time I open it. A right pain, but well worth doing on a 13" mbp.

any ideas?
thanks

Dale Sorel
Sep 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
Can anyone help me set Safari to default to full screen when it opens?
When I first upgraded to Lion, after a few goes it seemed to 'learn' that was what I wanted and from then on it did it without being asked (as mail does now too, without any problems).

However, Safari seems to have 'forgotten' again (maybe some setting somewhere?) and I have to go up and switch it every single time I open it. A right pain, but well worth doing on a 13" mbp.

any ideas?
thanks

Even though I'm an avid user of Chrome, which remembers the full screen setting, I just tried it with Safari and it remembers the setting as well.

Dale Sorel
Sep 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
Even though I'm an avid user of Chrome, which remembers the full screen setting, I just tried it with Safari and it remembers the setting as well.

Shame on me for not testing before I posted, but Chrome doesn't remember where Safari does ;)

3bs
Sep 10, 2011, 01:51 PM
Safari doesn't remember for me.. Running 10.7.1

Dale Sorel
Sep 10, 2011, 01:58 PM
Safari doesn't remember for me.. Running 10.7.1

That's too bad... just so you'll know, I'm running an iMac from early 2008.

3bs
Sep 10, 2011, 02:03 PM
That's too bad... just so you'll know, I'm running an iMac from early 2008.

I'm using a late 2010 11" MBA

Andyjack
Sep 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm on 10.7.1 too - on a late 2010 MBP.

it's weird, seems to be something we have no control over...:confused: