Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vickrandom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hi guys,

I don`t know where is the right place for it, because its about bootcamp and games, i will try here, sorry if i made a mistake,

I have the 2011 MBP 13`(http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html) and i got the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but i am having problems with FPS. I know this is a hardcore game but checking specs i think i could play it at least at minimum.

I am really new in Apple world and Bootcamp, is there a way to get better performance while running windows? From where i can get updated video and audio drivers?

What is the best windows 7 for me, 32 bits or 64? I think 64 bit is the right choice but i am fearing compatibilty issues since i want play games in windows.

Last edited:

Sincci

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Finland
Hi guys,

I don`t know where is the right place for it, because its about bootcamp and games, i will try here, sorry if i made a mistake,

I have the 2011 MBP 13`(http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html) and i got the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but i am having problems with FPS. I know this is a hardcore game but checking specs i think i could play it at least at minimum.

I am really new in Apple world and Bootcamp, is there a way to get better performance while running windows? From where i can get updated video and audio drivers?

What is the best windows 7 for me, 32 bits or 64? I think 64 bit is the right choice but i am fearing compatibilty issues since i want play games in windows.

There's not much you can do, the Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU isn't really meant for hardcore games and new games like Deus Ex will always run badly with Intel GPU's. Updating the drivers won't increase your FPS, or at least not that much that you would notice it.

Anyway, regarding your other question, you should use 64bit Windows. There used to be some compatibility issues back in the Vista days with the x64 version, but nowadays everything should work with Windows 7 x64 version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.