Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otissmithd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Hi all-

I have 2 questions about beta updates to OS X.

1. If I install a beta OS X lion update (like 10.7.2), will I be able to use software update to install the actual release version of 10.7.2 when it become available or will I be stuck using betas of OS X indefinitely?

2. Is there anyway to uninstall a beta OS X update?

otissmithd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I am helping a friend develop an iphone app and have my UID registered. The reason I am asking is because I need the lion update to use icloud iTunes Match.

Are the updates usually stable?

Do I have the option to downgrade?

When the actual update is released, can I upgrade to the general public release or am I stuck on the beta?

thanks.

i should also add that I do not have a test mac, I have everything backed up with time machine but if there are usually lots of problems with the betas I won't upgrade. I only need this one beta for itunes match, beta updates for me won't be a regular thing. I want to get back on apple official updates once ios5 and itunes match are officially released

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
If you don't have a test Mac, don't install a developer release. If you can't allow the computer you're installing it on to be wiped without consequence, it's a bad idea to install it.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.