PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Lion from App Store

Graig
Sep 11, 2011, 04:10 PM
Would it be possible to download Lion 10.7.1 from the App Store and install it over the previous installation of Lion 10.7.0? I have done the update that Apple provided but wonder if it could be done this way as well?

Mal
Sep 11, 2011, 05:12 PM
Why would you? Technically, yes, it should be possible, but it would be a substantially longer download for the same result.

jW

Graig
Sep 11, 2011, 05:35 PM
After installing 10.7.0 I installed the driver updates for HP printer, now have a bunch of permissions listed even tough I ran the repair, that were not there before. Perhaps a fresh download of 10.7.1 will get rid of them???

Weaselboy
Sep 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
After installing 10.7.0 I installed the driver updates for HP printer, now have a bunch of permissions listed even tough I ran the repair, that were not there before. Perhaps a fresh download of 10.7.1 will get rid of them???

Do you mean your run repair permissions in Disk Util and it shows permissions that were not fixed? If everything is woking fine and you just see that error, don't worry about it... it won't harm anything. Just a sign of poorly written HP drivers most likely.

I don't see how a reinstall on 10.7.1 would fix this anyway.