PDA

View Full Version : Flash Movies to HD... Activity window no longer downloads?

whyrichard
Sep 11, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hey,

I am trying to get a flash web movie to be stored on my hard drive. In the past, I could click on the activity window in safari, find the movie, click on it, and it would download to my computer.

Now, perhaps because of Lion, I cannot. It just reopens the movie in another safari window.

How can I download a flash movie and store it locally on my hard drive?

thank you so much,
r.

iVikD
Sep 11, 2011, 09:08 PM
I would like to know this as well, and if it's doable on Chrome. I assume Flash games would work the same way?

iVikD
Sep 11, 2011, 10:53 PM
Well, since no one answered, I messed around a bit and found a way to do it:
Press Alt + Command + i to access developer tools. Go into elements and use the find function to look for .swf. Once you find the URL to the flash file, click and drag it to the Address Bar to open it in a new window. This should open the flash video alone, now all you do is click options>save as (or command + S) and save the file as a .swf.
An easier way is to open the developer tools and select the Network tab, if the flash video is still loading, it should appear right there at the top of all the network activity.
And there you go :]

Mr. Retrofire
Sep 11, 2011, 11:14 PM
You can use JDownloader.

http://jdownloader.org

He can download many flv and swf files, if you give him the source url of the website.

rorschach
Sep 12, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hey,

I am trying to get a flash web movie to be stored on my hard drive. In the past, I could click on the activity window in safari, find the movie, click on it, and it would download to my computer.

Now, perhaps because of Lion, I cannot. It just reopens the movie in another safari window.

How can I download a flash movie and store it locally on my hard drive?

thank you so much,
r.

Option-double click it.

Quad5Ny
Sep 12, 2011, 12:37 AM
Option-double click it.

What he said.