PDA

View Full Version : Must I reinstall Fusion and Windows when I upgrade to Lion??

joiede
Sep 11, 2011, 11:18 PM
Before I upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard, I want to know if I'm going to have to reinstall Fusion, Windows, and my Windows apps (Quickbooks and Quicken).
Does the Lion upgrade mess with the Fusion partition?
If I have to reinstall Fusion do Windows apps remain untouched?

In an ideal world I'd switch to the Mac versions from intuit, but in my experience they are not nearly as good as the windows ones.

Can anyone help me out here?

jsolares
Sep 11, 2011, 11:36 PM
Before I upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard, I want to know if I'm going to have to reinstall Fusion, Windows, and my Windows apps (Quickbooks and Quicken).
Does the Lion upgrade mess with the Fusion partition?
If I have to reinstall Fusion do Windows apps remain untouched?

In an ideal world I'd switch to the Mac versions from intuit, but in my experience they are not nearly as good as the windows ones.

Can anyone help me out here?

Do you mean bootcamp? if you're using fusion with a virtual disk at worst you might need to reinstall fusion but windows will be there just the same.

Do take into account that there has been some issues with some ppl with Lion and Bootcamp where they lost their windows partition

starlir
Sep 12, 2011, 05:48 AM
I had no problem with Fusion when I upgraded to Lion, everything runs as before. No need to reinstall either Fusion or Windows on the Fusion VM.

joiede
Sep 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm glad to hear that at least one person has had no problems with the upgrade. I usually jump right onto the upgrade bandwagon, but having a Windows partition complicates things, and I'm scared to mess with what is working right now.

xgman
Sep 12, 2011, 12:20 PM
No prob here. Update to the latest fusion in any case.