Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
After the change over to iTunes Match on my iPhone, I now have 3 and 4 of the same playlist on my iPhone. Only one of the entries has any music in it, the others are empty, but I can't delete them. I have removed iTunes Match from my iPhone and re-added, but that only made it worse by duplicating the playlist once again!

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
After the change over to iTunes Match on my iPhone, I now have 3 and 4 of the same playlist on my iPhone. Only one of the entries has any music in it, the others are empty, but I can't delete them. I have removed iTunes Match from my iPhone and re-added, but that only made it worse by duplicating the playlist once again!

It happens. You can fix it to pre-iTunes Match provided you have backups. Time Machine would be a good start. Go into your time machine disc and navigate to your iTunes music folder and restore the Library file from a pre-Match back up. Put that Library file in your current iTunes folder and restart iTunes.

Know that nothing is hosed. Your music is still there, and this is simply a big inconvenience...nothing more. Good luck.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
It happens. You can fix it to pre-iTunes Match provided you have backups. Time Machine would be a good start. Go into your time machine disc and navigate to your iTunes music folder and restore the Library file from a pre-Match back up. Put that Library file in your current iTunes folder and restart iTunes.

Know that nothing is hosed. Your music is still there, and this is simply a big inconvenience...nothing more. Good luck.

Ok, thank you. I do have a Time Machine backup from a pre-iTunes Match time. I will try that tonight.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL

So I did this last night, I restored all the library files, not the actual music files, just the files that tell iTunes whats there. It fixed all the messed up playlist. But now, when I turn iCloud on, the iCloud icon does not show up next to my Library in iTunes. The other thing is now on my iPhone, when I turn iTunes Match on, all my music shows up, but now instead of mulitple playlist, I have none, and can't get them to show up. Anyone else have any ideas or having the same problem? This beta is definately VERY buggy.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
So I did this last night, I restored all the library files, not the actual music files, just the files that tell iTunes whats there. It fixed all the messed up playlist. But now, when I turn iCloud on, the iCloud icon does not show up next to my Library in iTunes. The other thing is now on my iPhone, when I turn iTunes Match on, all my music shows up, but now instead of mulitple playlist, I have none, and can't get them to show up. Anyone else have any ideas or having the same problem? This beta is definately VERY buggy.

I agree, it is extremely buggy and I refuse to use it for now. It's the only piece of the beta iOS offerings that I refuse to use. My take is that the software is fairly well sussed out, but they're having big time debugging issues on the server side. My personal advice is to leave iTunes Match off until it comes out of beta.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
I agree, it is extremely buggy and I refuse to use it for now. It's the only piece of the beta iOS offerings that I refuse to use. My take is that the software is fairly well sussed out, but they're having big time debugging issues on the server side. My personal advice is to leave iTunes Match off until it comes out of beta.

I agree. I have stopped using iTunes Match and will continue once it's more stable. I have not had very many issues with Apple's beta software, but this is really bad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.