PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL User on my Macbook Pro??

bwolfcale
Sep 12, 2011, 10:17 AM
I just noticed that PostgreSQL was listed as a user on my Macbook Pro running Lion. I have no idea how it got there and I just deleted the account. But I'm just wondering how that account could have been added without my knowledge? I had to google PostgreSQL to even find out what it is. Is this something I should be concerned about (someone trying to access my computer?) or did I just do something stupid?

If this info helps... I'm running Lion since the day it released on a 15" MacBook Pro. I have Adobe CS 4 & Final Cut Pro on here... iTeleport (VNC App)...

I appreciate the help!

altecXP
Sep 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
I just noticed that PostgreSQL was listed as a user on my Macbook Pro running Lion. I have no idea how it got there and I just deleted the account. But I'm just wondering how that account could have been added without my knowledge? I had to google PostgreSQL to even find out what it is. Is this something I should be concerned about (someone trying to access my computer?) or did I just do something stupid?

If this info helps... I'm running Lion since the day it released on a 15" MacBook Pro. I have Adobe CS 4 & Final Cut Pro on here... iTeleport (VNC App)...

I appreciate the help!

Do you have PostgreSQL installed or the OS X Server add-on?

bwolfcale
Sep 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
Do you have PostgreSQL installed or the OS X Server add-on?

No I don't have either.

larkost
Sep 12, 2011, 10:45 PM
Lion Server has PostgreSQL as the database (rather than MySQL), they probably just pre-populated the Postgres user so they don't have to put that in for the 'Server install. They did exactly the same thing with the MySQL user in previous versions.