Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnilan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I purchased Burning Monkey Solitaire less than a year ago and recently upgraded to Lion whereupon the game would not load. Freeverse's response to my request for advice was that they no longer supported Burning Monkey (and other games). I will not be purchasing any other Freeverse software. Take the money and run...

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
They are not supporting a PPC game that came out 8 years ago????

Seriously, they did not force you to install Lion, blaming them for focusing on other things can't be viewed as illogical now can it?

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
yeah... I complained about that to a few companies many many years ago when I went from DOS to Windows 95 and lotsa my DOS games wouldn't run right. Those companies are no longer in business so it must have been me bad mouthing them that helped.

MasterTick

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
You can't be serious, why would you expect any software company to support something that old? And it's a freakin Solitare game, go download another one...

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I purchased Burning Monkey Solitaire less than a year ago and recently upgraded to Lion whereupon the game would not load. Freeverse's response to my request for advice was that they no longer supported Burning Monkey (and other games). I will not be purchasing any other Freeverse software. Take the money and run...

This is kind of Apple's issue instead of Freeverse. Apple removed a bunch of stuff in Lion.

Freeverse has a good reputation, and they even have a page up stating exactly this, and why some apps became unsupported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.