Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

propynyl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I don't quite understand where apple is going with this iTunes Match service. iCloud in general feels like one big sloppy mess...with potential.

My dilemma is that I download a particular radio show every morning. It is 4 hours long, and I put it into iTunes. I sync the show to my iPhone and I'm good to go for the day. Now, with iTunes match turned on (and fully synced), I add the file to iTunes...and nothing happens.

Shouldn't a new file added trigger iTunes Match to search, and then immediatly upload the non-matched file to my iCloud. When it is done, my iPhone should be pinged so that the file is automatically available for listen/download.

But this is not the case. As of now, I have to add the file, manually select "update iTunes Match," wait a few minutes for it to update, then wait a little while for it to eventually show up on my iPhone. It is SO MUCH easier just to sync the file...but the worst part is...it is all or nothing. iTunes Match or iTunes Sync. Not both. Not a great experience (yes I know it is a beta, if apple updates this I'll delete this post or whatever. But as of now, I'm not too happy)

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
I'm sure this is something Apple will add later. Right now, I'm sure they're focusing on the software handling iTunes Match over integrating the elements into iTunes completely.

As for showing up on your phone, mine is usually instant (or close to it) from the point that iTunes Match uploads it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.