Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Wacom’s really been working hard to revitalize their product line-up. After the recent announcement of [URL="http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Inkling.aspx”]Inkling[/URL], they now announced the new [URL="http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq24HD.aspx”]Cintiq 24HD[/URL]!

Check out the cool promo video [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79SdxuA1WjY&feature=youtu.be”]here[/URL].

Gonna be expensive, but damn it looks good!

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Omg I want!

I've never used a Cintiq so I'm not sure if I'd get used to the separation between the surface and the screen but I'd love to try one. Too bad stores where I live don't have them and probably never will :(

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Hmm. They've been demo-ing a multitouch-enabled Cintiq at various trade shows this year, and this ain't it, which is disappointing.

On the other hand, being able to slide a keyboard underneath the stand, and the switch to off-the-shelf cables might almost be worth the asking price alone.

The 21" looks to still be in short supply, so I can probably eBay the one I'm using to offset the expense to a large degree.

Cheers

Jim

vaderhater245

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
$2500 isn't too bad for what you get. If your a dedicated illustrator or designer, this will pay for itself in no time!

Definitely will be upgrading my cintiq 12 now.

sigmadog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
just west of Idaho
I'd love to have one, as I'm doing more illustration work these days (and I want to keep that career path active and improving). But for $2500, I'd want to see it in person and "test-drive" it. That's a lot of coin to drop based only on marketing promises.

In the meantime, I'm still very happy with my Intuous3 6X11.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Yes, I would never buy this without having experienced some proper hands-on time with it. My biggest worry is the heat generated by the display. Drawing on a (too) warm surface for hours on end is not my idea of fun.

Zoreke

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
I'm ordering an inkling this week, looks really fun and useful (I sketch everyday)...

I have a 21UX cintiq and I love it, probably the best way to use photoshop and Painter.

I think I'm going to wait for next year to upgrade but I do recommend the cintiq to all designers and illustrators that use digital tools.
:D

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I'm ordering an inkling this week, looks really fun and useful (I sketch everyday)...
Just a word about the Inkling.
I had an opportunity to try one out a few days ago.
If you can, "test drive" one before you buy…

The pen has a ballpoint nib and I personally despise drawing with ballpoints. :eek:
Also the claimed within 5mm accuracy away from the center of an A4 seems variable.

OTOH, it might be just what you are happy with. :)

Zoreke

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Just a word about the Inkling.
I had an opportunity to try one out a few days ago.
If you can, "test drive" one before you buy…

The pen has a ballpoint nib and I personally despise drawing with ballpoints. :eek:
Also the claimed within 5mm accuracy away from the center of an A4 seems variable.

OTOH, it might be just what you are happy with. :)

Still not available though! I don't mind a ballpoint but I do prefer a pencil graphite point though. I'm going to use it on a small sketchbook it should be fun...

Now my wife knows that my next work-toy will be the new cintiq, she agreed with me that the inkling is too cool and I should get it!! that's a first...:D

Cheers

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Looks pretty awesome, would love to try it out. A bit out of my price range for the time being.

Interested in Inkling ... would love to hear some impressions if anyone picks it up when it comes out.

starvingartist8

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
I'd love to have one, as I'm doing more illustration work these days (and I want to keep that career path active and improving). But for $2500, I'd want to see it in person and "test-drive" it. That's a lot of coin to drop based only on marketing promises.

In the meantime, I'm still very happy with my Intuous3 6X11.

Good thinking. I have the 21ux 2nd gen and love it but there is a known nightmare with cintiqs.... dead pixels. I have one and it is on the very edge so I don't care (anymore). I rarely see it when working but if you are gonna buy one I suggest you test it and examine the screen for faults before you buy. Sending these things back costs almost as much as it is worth lol and then I hear bad stories about people getting them returned with dirt under the screen... Wacom is a greedy uncaring company but they have no real competition unfortunately lol

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Everyone STOP TALKING about these....your making me want one even more :p

I would love to have one for Corel Painter, although I'm not quite sure its the product for me. I'm so used to an Intuos that the other day, when I went to draw something on paper I couldn't because I wasn't used to looking directly at it lol. (Most people have the opposite problem!)

sigmadog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
just west of Idaho
Everyone STOP TALKING about these....your making me want one even more :p

I would love to have one for Corel Painter, although I'm not quite sure its the product for me. I'm so used to an Intuos that the other day, when I went to draw something on paper I couldn't because I wasn't used to looking directly at it lol. (Most people have the opposite problem!)

I agree.

In fact, I've decided to stick with my Intuos3. I made the hand/screen transition long ago with the Wacom Graphire, so it's not a big issue for me these days. Plus, I just can't swallow that huge price tag for the Cintiq. Even the 21 inch is overpriced.

In the end, a new toy is not going to make me a better artist. I can teach myself to create great things using the equipment I've got - it just takes discipline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.