Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnozsc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Does anyone have the Internet sharing issue on Lion?

My Macbook Pro connects to internet via ethernet, and now I want to share internet to my iPhone 3gs via wifi.

However, the system built-in internet sharing doesn't work. Although it shows that the sharing is ON, my iPhone can connect to this new wifi hot spot, but my iPhone still cannot access internet.

Is there any 3rd-party applications or solutions?

Thanks

kalakov

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone have the Internet sharing issue on Lion?

My Macbook Pro connects to internet via ethernet, and now I want to share internet to my iPhone 3gs via wifi.

However, the system built-in internet sharing doesn't work. Although it shows that the sharing is ON, my iPhone can connect to this new wifi hot spot, but my iPhone still cannot access internet.

Is there any 3rd-party applications or solutions?

Thanks

No issues. But try this:

1. If your internet sharing is on and not working. Check the box next to it. A dialog box will appear. Click cancel.

2. Now recheck the box next to internet sharing. Now try on your iphone, internet sharing should work.

P.S. delete the hotspot configuration on your phone before doing this. i.e. once internet sharing is on you have to add the hotspot once again on your phone.

Hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.