Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Honbe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Todays rumors on the exchange floor - Adobe to be bought by Apple...

adbe.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Todays rumors on the exchange floor - Adobe to be bought by Apple...
Wtf, will they discontinue Adobe Photoshop?

Or will they have Adobe software pre-installed on Macbook Pros if Apple buys Adobe? Hmm

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Yeah ... I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

But what does this have to do with the Mac Pro sub forum?

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I see nothing of the sort on the interwebz.

Though that would be absolutely MIND BLOWING. The entire creative catalog under Mac OS exclusive.... can't even imagine it.

Honbe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
I see nothing of the sort on the interwebz.

Though that would be absolutely MIND BLOWING. The entire creative catalog under Mac OS exclusive.... can't even imagine it.

Bloomberg, Reuters - full of it...

And I am sorry, it has nothing to do with the Mac Pro sub forum. Or does it?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
That would be a tragic day for many designers, as Windows support would probably go to hell.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
It's not on any newswire...

However IMO this would be an awful, horrible thing to happen - irrespective of Mac/PC support or platform.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
It would be absolutely masterful for Apple. What a coup.

Imagine the migration to Macs en masse.

Honbe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
It's not on any newswire...

However IMO this would be an awful, horrible thing to happen - irrespective of Mac/PC support or platform.

As said, look on Bloomberg, Reuters or even Briefing - it is there. However as always, it is just a speculation at this time:

Quote: Volume alert: Adobe Systems sees quick pop on increased volume; being attributed to takeover speculation by AAPL (25.19 -0.01)

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
It would be absolutely masterful for Apple. What a coup.

Imagine the migration to Macs en masse.

Or the number of people who would keep their existing software until they find an alternative. There's no way I'd buy a Mac just to use Photoshop, Illustrator and AfterEffects.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
You have been asked to provide links, please do so. Just telling people to look it up isn't going to help, and is in fact against the forum rules too. If you want to keep this thread open, post the sources so we all know what this is about, otherwise this thread is pointless.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I just googled it, and I'm not seeing a single relevant link never mind reuters and bloomberg

Honbe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
You have been asked to provide links, please do so. Just telling people to look it up isn't going to help, and is in fact against the forum rules too. If you want to keep this thread open, post the sources so we all know what this is about, otherwise this thread is pointless.

I would, no problem. Which subscription do you have - Bloomberg, Reuters or Briefing?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wtf, will they discontinue Adobe Photoshop?

Or will they have Adobe software pre-installed on Macbook Pros if Apple buys Adobe? Hmm

Apple doesn't pre install final cut pro, etc.

Trust me, there will be a lot of backlash if Apple bought Flash only to do away with it. Sites like Newgrounds depends on Flash for content.

Apple could sell it, IF Apple is buying Adobe, which is not happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.