PDA

View Full Version : Sony's Ripping Off OS X Lion...

iMacJunkie
Sep 13, 2011, 10:44 PM
Yup...they are...

InuNacho
Sep 13, 2011, 10:50 PM
And Chinese no name companies have been copying iPods for years, what's your point?

Hyper-X
Sep 14, 2011, 12:53 AM
Yup...they are...

Right because Apple owns exclusive rights to the Andromeda Galaxy.

:rolleyes:

Peace
Sep 14, 2011, 12:56 AM
Right because Apple owns exclusive rights to the Andromeda Galaxy.

:rolleyes:

What ? They don't ? :p

Is kind of odd that Sony would choose that particular image though. I've not seen it on any other advertising like that.

mrsir2009
Sep 14, 2011, 01:23 AM
So now its copying if another company uses any of the Apple default desktop backgrounds?

Patrick J
Sep 14, 2011, 03:22 AM
Apple photoshopped the original NASA picture, if Sony uses the edited version then, yep, copied.

marc11
Sep 14, 2011, 03:30 AM
Nooooooooooooo chance Sony used the image to draw the attention of mac users as an option to use the Sony product as a monitor huh? Sony is ripping Apple off, Apple good everyone else bad, all motives are against Apple....man you fan boys are funny sometimes.

Hyper-X
Sep 14, 2011, 03:35 AM
What ? They don't ? :p

Is kind of odd that Sony would choose that particular image though. I've not seen it on any other advertising like that.

I recall seeing a few monitors/tv's being sold with a picture of the Windows XP Home default wallpaper with the rolling green hills.

Partron22
Sep 14, 2011, 06:14 AM
The Starship Enterprise, hijacked by the Kelvans, streaks toward the distant Lion Desktop. (http://www.sliceofscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/andromeda-galaxy.JPG)
It's a ripoff of Apple, by any other name. (http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/03/07/by-any-other-name-premieres-this-weekend-star-trek-remastered/) ;)

Jolly Jimmy
Sep 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
Apple photoshopped the original NASA picture, if Sony uses the edited version then, yep, copied.

One of the most noticable edits is the removal of the Messier 110 galaxy, just like on the Apple edited image.

Patrick J
Sep 14, 2011, 07:55 AM
One of the most noticable edits is the removal of the Messier 110 galaxy, just like on the Apple edited image.

That and the filter effects, the Sony image is the same colour and the light bursts have been toned down.