PDA

View Full Version : Can't install any os x on my Macbook Pro! Help!

zsdiogo
Sep 14, 2011, 04:54 AM
So i got a problem with lion and the only way i could solve it was completely erasing my hd.
The problem is that, after i erased it, i can't use any disk with os x to install it. First I tried with the disk that came with my macbook. I boot with it and the apple logo appears, but it loads forever, and i can't acess any utility. Then i tried other versions that i burned on dvds, but the apple logo appears and then a circle with a slash.
I really need to get os x
Please help!

miles01110
Sep 14, 2011, 05:09 AM
Buy the Lion USB stick. You won't be able to use discs from any other machine, and if your machine is "Lion native" you won't be able to reliably install an older version of OS X anyways.

zsdiogo
Sep 14, 2011, 05:16 AM
I should not have to use a lion usb stick because my machine came with snow leopard. The first installation disk that I tried was the one that came with it. I also run the hardware check and it said it ways fine.

miles01110
Sep 14, 2011, 05:21 AM
If you're using the grey restore discs that came with your Macbook then it should work; you might have to wait a little while before you can start the process though.

zsdiogo
Sep 14, 2011, 05:32 AM
Yeah,I'm using them. The problem is that it is taking too much time to load. More than half an hour.

In this screen
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Et4TDn3YFa8/SxFeSwyT07I/AAAAAAAAAOo/OPgHqf53Ark/s1600/AppleBootScreen.png

Mal
Sep 14, 2011, 11:46 AM
The disks or your DVD drive might be damaged. You can call Apple and see if they'll ship you replacements, or if you have an Apple Store nearby you can take it in there and see if they can boot it from anything they have to check.

jW

zsdiogo
Sep 15, 2011, 04:12 AM
I'm probably going to activate the warranty. I already tried with other disks and anything works.