PDA

View Full Version : How do you delete stickies?

spoccka
Sep 14, 2011, 10:00 AM
I've had my Macbook Pro now for a while, running lion and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete a sticky from the desktop. The 'delete' function only deletes highlighted text.

I'm fairly sure I'm being an idiot, please help me.

rdowns
Sep 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
Click the little box in the upper left hand corner.

tkermit
Sep 14, 2011, 10:13 AM
EDIT: never mind... too slow :)

lostwithamac
Sep 26, 2011, 03:20 PM
What box at the top left? All I have is an arrow in either top corner, this is for sticky expansion.

Still have no idea how to delete and unwanted sticky.
Any ideas?

Thanks

----------

Ok, I have got it now - I have to right click!
Problem solved.

Tiki35
Sep 26, 2011, 04:12 PM
This problem arises because now in Lion you can resize any window from all four corners. Just click in the upper left hand corner (it will change to a two headed arrow) and then you will be given box to save or don't save etc

tobytaylor
Apr 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
I had the same problem using OSX 10.6.8. Pressing alt reveals a cross at top left-hand corner. Click on that and away it goes.
Click dashboard and the + will give you the same effect.

HappyJoe
Jul 26, 2013, 12:37 PM
A ghostly reminder of how things used to be... Try as I might, right-click on top left didn't work for me... but Control-click did!

Ctrl-click for context menus used to be the precursor to right-click before Apple discovered two-button mice. This is the first time that I have had to resort to it in my 5 years of Mac use. Anybody else heard this call from antiquity?

Fritzie
Jan 31, 2014, 12:49 PM
Command W and then you get a dialog box: "Are you sure you want to discard this Stickies note?"

PandaBearSam
Feb 22, 2014, 02:42 PM
T delete a sticky just hold down the command key and click on the left corner of the stick and it should delete by its self

SPiNY
Mar 13, 2014, 02:24 AM
I'm new to OSX so learning lots and lots...OSX Lion

Stickies...
Firstly, there are two types of Stickie

1. On the desktop - created through launchpad
2. On the dashboard - Widget created

Both delete with different methods.

1. As previously described click top left
2. Hold down 'option' key and 'x' appears in widget that has mouse pointer over it. ( Works for all widgets