Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave421

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Cliffsnotes at bottom.

I've had some absolutely horrible customer service with Wrapsol and thought I'd share the story in case anyone else is considering buying something from them.

On Aug. 26th, I ordered the matte rear skin for the iPad 2. I thought this was the perfect solution for my wants. An hour or so after I ordered, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and try their anti-glare skin for the screen as well. I contacted wrapsol and asked if it was too late to change it (I had just received a tracking number as I made up my mind). They said sure and that they would cancel my first order and only needed me to place a new order for what I wanted and they would make sure it got pushed out that day. Great! I thought they were really showing some great service and helping me out with my mistake.

A few days later, I got an email from them that my package was delayed from shipping because of the recent hurricane on the east coast. Since my first order was cancelled and my 2nd order had already shipped, I emailed them to find out what the email was about. I also noticed that they had charged me for both orders so I asked them about a refund as well. I never got a response even though their twitter feed said they were taking & shipping orders and posting on twitter. I finally get my 2nd order and it basically just sucks. The front is the perfect width but 1/4" too short so you always feel the edge & it's really noticeable (especially around the home button). The back looks great but started peeling within a few days on all 4 corners (it actually seems to be slightly too large).

Over the course of the last 2 1/2 weeks, I've sent 4-5 emails, 2 messages through their contact form, 3 tweets, & posted on their little message board. I've called twice but apparently you can't leave a message (once just rang & rang, once was after their work hours). Finally, I got an email back 2 days ago telling me that I have to fill out the form on their website to get a refund. WTF? I check their site and the only form I can find is to get an RMA. I email them back and tell them that they cancelled my order so there's nothing for me to return. I got no response.

Finally I got a chance to call them today. The guy I talked to told me the same thing. I have to fill out the form and that the email they sent me had a link and instructions. I told him that the only form is for an RMA and that's now what I have and that there were no instructions. He tells me that I have to fill out anyway so that their system will notify them to give me a refund. Well, I filled out the form 2 days ago (that's how I found out it's for an RMA) and still nothing. I then ask him why I need to fill out anything to get a refund when they cancelled the order and get no answer. I ask why nobody ever told me that I had to fill something out and he says "they did, I'm looking at the email." I clarify and he's talking about the email from 2 days ago. So basically if I hadn't blown their email/twitter/website up, they would have just kept my money (they may be anyway, who knows). No explanations for their completely backwards way of doing business, no explanations for the lack of communication, no apologies. NOTHING. Finally he says that he's going to go ahead and push it through for me like he's doing me a favor. We'll see if anything shows up.

IF the refund actually hits my account, I'm going to be sending the other order back as well though I'm sure it'll be another pain in my ass if so. I'm just completely amazed that a company can care so little about its customers that they just plain refuse to respond even when they're the ones that screwed up.

To sum up, Wrapsol charged me for an order they cancelled and refused to respond to numerous messages about refund over 2 1/2 weeks. 2nd order that was sent doesn't fit & is peeling.

Dave421

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
that's what was going to happen this evening unless I got a response. Since they are now supposedly refunding my money, they have 5 days. If it's not back by then, I'm going to call the bank to dispute both.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Fwiw I emailed them over a week ago and have yet to hear back. Last time they got right back to mr, inconsistent service for sure.

Hope you get it sorted op!

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
It's good practice to Google promo codes when shopping online. Just wanted to share that I got a MBA Wrapsol 50% off so with tax and shipping it was $36.

http://www.offers.com/wrapsol/

Just click the yellow activate and it brings you to the site then add to cart!

double329

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
YES... Wrapsol is extremely POOR service. I would stay away from this company.

Once they took your money, you will NEVER hear from them again. You may or may not get the right product, and that is about it. I ordered products for few devices. I didn't get what I ordered. I tried to contact them and I never heard from them. There is no live person when called, only recorded and all said to email. DOUBLE thumb down...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.