Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Yeah, kind of sup rising we haven't seen anything yet. However, you must consider that last year the iPad was leaked 12-16ish hours before, and we all know the iPhone 4 story. So after all that, I'm sure Apple beefed up its already rigorous security policy and NDAs.

However there is that prototype iPhone 5 missing, so they obviously have not fully rectified the problem.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
We are in the post iPod era, hence the lack of leaks.

:D Good one, there is still a market for pure ipods though. Like the b-day present for my 8 year old neice who got an ipod shuffle this year cause well, she's too young for an iphone/itouch and while my sister lets my neice play with mommy's ipad sometimes she doesn't want her too spend too much time playing games or unsupervised surfing on the internet.

eye

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Detroit
We are in the post iPod era, hence the lack of leaks.

I know all the talk is of iPods not being popular, but selling less units doesn't necessarily mean not popular. They sell millions. It's an integral part of their revenue. People use iPods longer because there isn't the same two years and I'm out attitude as with phones.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
There are rumors of an iPod touch with 3G (Personally I'm not holding my breath).
The iPod touch will most certainly get a speed/spec bump to provide optimal performance with iOS 5. I'm not expecting a new design, the current iPT 4 is gorgeous, and as already mentioned the white version seems to be on it's way.
Other iPod models I have no idea. Perhaps more capacity at same price.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
There are rumors of an iPod touch with 3G (Personally I'm not holding my breath).

Frankly, that's where cellular service should be moving to. Voice plans, SMS plans, voicemail... legacy cruft. Cellular providers should provide data.

Voice can be data.
SMS can be data.
Voicemail can be data.

Everything is data these days. Our phones don't need CDMA/GSM chips or whatever for voice. They need 3G chips and that's it. Data only devices that carry everything over the data channel and through the Internet.

Some would say an iPod Touch with 3G would canabilize iPhone sales thanks to services like Skype. Well it darn should because that is where we should be moving to. Same for Cable TV or Satelite TV or FM radio or whatever. The Internet can provide all of this and all our boxes can be simple IP devices hooked up either through home networking or cellular networking to get services from content/service providers that compete with each other, not from monopolistic carriers.

Let the carriers be data carriers. Let the service providers provide services. All over the same data network.

Bernard SG

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
^^For once I fully agree with you.
However, Apple IMO cannot piss off carriers too much at this point in time. iPhone is still Apple's #1 revenue source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.