PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Software?

lolajl
Oct 3, 2002, 04:33 AM
Does anyone know of any wedding software available for the Mac? Especially OS X? I found a plethora of PC software but just one or two for the Mac, and these were as recent as 1999. Also heckeed Versiontracker, no luck.

Thanks!

groovebuster
Oct 3, 2002, 05:15 AM
Hmmm.... what exactly is a wedding software????

groovebuster

lolajl
Oct 3, 2002, 05:23 AM
It's more of an organizer, set up specifically for those getting married and have to deal with creating lists of guests to invite, keeping records of caterers, estimating budgets, recording shower and wedding gifts. Something like the software at <http://www.weddingsabreeze.com/index.htm>, for instance.

groovebuster
Oct 3, 2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by lolajl
It's more of an organizer, set up specifically for those getting married and have to deal with creating lists of guests to invite, keeping records of caterers, estimating budgets, recording shower and wedding gifts. Something like the software at <http://www.weddingsabreeze.com/index.htm>, for instance.

I see... never heard of it before. I got married still the old-fashioned way .... with a pen and a paper! ;)

Good luck!

groovebuster

bombensington
Oct 3, 2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lolajl
It's more of an organizer, set up specifically for those getting married and have to deal with creating lists of guests to invite, keeping records of caterers, estimating budgets, recording shower and wedding gifts.

I'm getting married in April, and I'm keeping track of all that stuff using Office. I don't really want to shell out bucks on a one-use program that is essentially a spreadsheet. Just use Excel and make spreadsheets of what you want - it's really not difficult, and you can create whatever you want.

lolajl
Oct 3, 2002, 10:43 AM
I don't have Excel (Office software too $$$), and don't really have time to come up with my own spreadsheets (I know just the very basics of spreadsheet creation, and I don't really like the layouts). I was thinking more of a database type of program. Thanks, in any case, for your suggestions!