Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Hi,

How would I go about making an app that is basically a page made up of a 3x4 image gallery, where clicking on an image enlarges the image with some information underneath the image. Also, so you could slide between pages of images.
It would essentially be the same as the iPhone menu, where clicking on an app makes it fill the screen and you can slide though pages of the apps (images).
The image below is similar to what I would like it to look like:
iphoneapp.png

The only thing I believe would be really difficult about this app is that I would need to be able to update (delete and upload) images for those using it, so at midnight a new set of images would appear with a new page name (so the date at the top of the page matches the actual date that it is).

Are there any programs I can use out there to allow me to do this quite easily as I have no programming knowledge at all.
(Or how much would it cost to get someone to make it for me?)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

adamds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
I'm not sure what you mean?
I would be making the images, and I would be able to host them online if that's what was needed, I just don't know where to start.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not sure what you mean?
I would be making the images, and I would be able to host them online if that's what was needed, I just don't know where to start.

I don't know anything about writing server side code, but I know that there are APIs for getting images and text from twitter, Facebook, and that photo website that I'm suddenly blanking on the name of...

anyways, this project sounds like something you'll need a few months of programming knowledge to accomplish...

before you ask how you start learning, here's the link you should have clicked on that was right next to the create topic button:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Cocoa_FAQ

adamds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
How much do you think this would cost to get someone to professionally do this, with all the server side programming and designed exactly how I'd like it to be?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Alot, I'm a front-end guy, and just for starters, this will take a bit.
There are alot of questions in play, wether, check every time the app opens if it's the latest XML/Json pushed, are you gonna force reload, or will you let the user decide, and blah. Stuff like that. ALso the custom grid view. It definitly won't be cheap my man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.