Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbs0026

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
So, I got the 13" Macbook Air i5 1.7GHz 4GB 256GB.....

Do I keep it or sell it? Bought it for $1275 total.....

can't decide if I make this my first mac or sell it.....

dbs0026

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
First of all, how'd you get that deal?

Second, keep it! It's a great deal.

Amazon, 20% off, just got it shipped to me. I've been a windows person and android person.....waiting for the iphone 5 to possibly switch to that.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
I guess your just here to strut your deal. You made an impulse buy and you are not an Apple user?
Yeah, sell it and stick to Windows.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
I just bought a house a couple of months ago. It was and is my first house. But I'm not so sure if I should keep it or sell it.

OP: Did you buy it because it was cheap without regard for use? If so, sell it. Did you buy it because you were curious about the Mac? Well, have you used t? Your question can not be answered for you.

Tom

JSalig

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010
I say sell it and use the money to buy a trained monkey so that it can make all your decisions for you.

dbs0026

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
I say sell it and buy a trained monkey so that it can make all your decisions for you.

shut up

----------

I guess your just here to strut your deal. You made an impulse buy and you are not an Apple user?
Yeah, sell it and stick to Windows.

No, it wasn't an impulse buy. Impulse by for me would not be a laptop, windows or apple. I bought it b/c it was a good deal and was seriously contemplating switching to apple. The downside is that I ask a legit question and all you get is stupid responses from asstwats.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I've had my MBA 13 2011 model for a bit over a week now and I must say I'm amazed how capable this little laptop is. I just sold my MacBookPro 15 2010 model and I could not have been happier!

I still have my desktop around for the heavy lifting, but for day to day use the MBA feels snappier than my MBP was, mostly due to it's SSD I guess.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
No, it wasn't an impulse buy. Impulse by for me would not be a laptop, windows or apple. I bought it b/c it was a good deal and was seriously contemplating switching to apple. The downside is that I ask a legit question and all you get is stupid responses from asstwats.

Without more information about you, your background, and your intended use of the laptop, how exactly can anyone give you advice?

Help us help you. :D

FWIW I switched from Windows when I bought my MBA and I'm not looking back...

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
So, I got the 13" Macbook Air i5 1.7GHz 4GB 256GB.....

Do I keep it or sell it? Bought it for $1275 total.....

can't decide if I make this my first mac or sell it.....

why so angry? keep it if you like it. sell it if you don't. at any rate, you haven't given us much information to go on here. what are your impressions of the computer so far?

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
keep it. most windows users are drawn away from 'overpriced' mac. you got an amazing deal (even when you compare it to windows ultraportable laptops out there).

i think you'll come to like it :)

jdshap

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Keep it

You got a good deal, if you are interested in switching to mac, this is a great opportunity. The SSD is a great intro into the future of laptop computing and the MBA is quick, easy to use, laptop. Understand that you may need to go out and buy some accessories, superdrive, ethernet, if you are not ready to go cutting edge. Otherwise, enjoy it.

genosseinski

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
keep it. I switched to Mac OS a few weeks ago by getting the new MBA and I could not be happier with it ;) Very snappy, flexible, stable and well-designed machine. Furthermore, you won't get such a good deal anytime soon ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.